Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice



The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice

Twenty three year old reporter, Reuben Golding, is doing an interview for the sale of a huge mansion when he desperately falls in love with the place and the owner, thirty year old Marchent Nideck.  While in the house, the woman is killed by thieves and Reuben is bitten by a wolf man.  In classic Anne Rice form, he soon turns into a glorified werewolf, killing only the evil hearted. He can only hide so long until he is hunted by authorities but then he is saved by the "pack".

I was decidedly disappointed with this book because I couldn't ever feel a connection with the characters and I quickly grew bored with the overload of detail at every turn.  But it is Anne Rice and we all know she is a true master of the art of writing so I persevered and all in all, I'm glad I did.  I wouldn't have wanted to miss it even if I wasn't left howling at the moon.

Published in 2012 by Alfred A. Knopf, a division of Random House, Inc. New York.




No comments: