Thursday, May 31, 2012

Grace by T. Greenwood



Where to begin?  Thirteen year old Trevor Kennedy has been bullied at school for as long as he can remember but now his fear has turned to rage.  But he isn't the only troubled Kennedy as his father, Kurt, is consumed with a failing business, a wife who wants more than he can give, and an aging father with a hoarding problem.  His mother, Elsbeth, has a lustful need for things and is stealing from the local stores and dotes all her attention on Gracy, Trevor's six year old sister.  The only one who sees the trouble this family is going through is eighteen year old Crystal who works at the local Walgreens where Elsbeth has been stealing.

I normally wouldn't read a book with the flair of young adult fiction but I persevered and I'm glad I did.  Miss Greenwood has complete control over this book as it twists and turns at every chapter.  She leads you to expect the complete opposite of what actually happens.  That got my attention early on and kept me reading.

This book was published by Kensington in 2012 and was selected aBookSense76/IndieBound pick for 2012.


No comments: