Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gerald's Game by Stephen King


Gerald's Game by Stephen King

First let me say, I did NOT finish this book.  I got one third of the way through and I just couldn't finish  it.  Too much head noise for me.  

The book is a psychological thriller about a couple who have been married for 20 years and have taken a romantic trip to their remote lake house in Maine.  During a kinky sex episode, the wife is handcuffed to the bed against her will and accidentally kills her husband.  She is now alone with her thoughts and fears and her husband is dead.  Page after page we read how she feels, hear the voices inside her head, and I guess we are supposed to be scared but I was anything but.  Unless of course you count the mangy hound that came in and started feeding on the the dead husband.   I was actually bored throughout the few chapters I did read because of the monotonous details of thought and pain and misery.  And if that isn't bad enough, I didn't even like the woman.  

Way over the top!!
But if that is your thing, then you might enjoy it.  By all means, go for it.  

I want to add that this is the first book by Mr. King that I didn't enjoy.  He is the author of one of my all time favorites, The Green Mile. 

Published in 1993 by Signet.

No comments: