Tuesday, November 2, 2004

Autumn Reads

Having just finished off Maid Marian by Elsa Watson, a novel of Sherwood Forest with all the old beloved characters such as Robin Hood, Little John, Friar Tuck, Will Scarlett, Clym O' the wood, Queen Eleanor of Aquitane, King Richard the Lionheart, and the Sheriff of Nottingham, I have a To Be Read pile in the works that I think are appropriate for the new season:   

The Haunted Abbot by Peter Tremayne   -    a tale of Ancient Ireland                   

Black Creek Crossing by John Saul         -     Supernatural Suspense    

Blood Kin by Henry Chapell              -     A haunting novel of early Texas

I'm excited about these autumn reads and will review each book soon!  Often, I get on theme kicks with my reading and lately it has been 18th and 19th centuries, such as westerns(Larry McMurtry is one of my favorites), early English History(The Dress Lodger), Civil War era(Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier), as well as American Indian novels.  But since the new season has arrived, I have more drawn to the supernatural and the new bestsellers.  Happy Reading.

 

No comments: